Sewing Hands

Sewing Hands
Peggy, Cheryl, Sara, Deborah, Sharon, Kathy, Lois, Evelyn

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

14 Quilts for Sixth Graders


I visited Laurel Bloomery Elementary School in March and met the fantastic principal, Betty Brown and the wonderful teachers and students.  Betty had me go to each class and tell the students about our project for them.  They were excited to say the least.

Unfortunately we did not realize it at the time but the 6th graders would be going on to Middle School and would not be at Laurel Bloomery in the Fall when we are planning on delivering the quilts.  They were very disappointed.  When Betty mentioned this I told her we would just have to crank up the sewing machines and get those quilts to them by the end of this school year!

So, Deborah (mom) and I are scheduled to deliver 14 quilts for the graduating sixth graders at Laurel Bloomery on May 7th. (Yes, Mom is flying up to Tennessee to be a part of this!) Betty is putting together a school assembly in the gym and we will be handing them out in front of everyone!

I will put up pictures when we return and I'm sure to have some great stories to relay.

Happy Sewing,
Sharon